Mother’s Sweet Pea Salad
MOTHER made this tasty salad for our Thanksgiving or Christmas diners. But it's so good I make it often during the year. It's an ideal accompaniment for whatever main dish we have for dinner. When served as an individual salad on a lettuce leaf, it's very attractive. —Nellie Dulin Concord, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup diced cooked salad potatoes
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet pickles
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, chopped
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper. Gently stir in the potatoes, peas, pickles and egg. Chill. Serve over lettuce.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 476 calories, 33g fat (5g saturated fat), 119mg cholesterol, 989mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 6g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Mother's Sweet Pea Salad in Reminisce Extra December 1995