- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 medium banana, cut into chunks
- In a small saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved; set aside to cool.
- Place the evaporated milk, orange juice, lemon juice and banana in a blender. Add the sugar syrup; cover and process until smooth.
- Pour into cylinder of ice cream freezer; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Transfer to a freezer container, allowing headspace for expansion. Freeze for 4 hours or until firm before serving.
1/2 cup: 149 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 19mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.