What's not to love in this cheesy, beefy, pasta bake? Since everything is already cooked, all you have to do is pop it in the oven for 20 minutes and let the mixture heat up and the cheese melt. -Patty Hough of Sun City, Arizona
Recommended: 25 Foolproof Ground Beef Casserole Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 ounces uncooked mostaccioli
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook mostaccioli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, mushrooms, chili powder, sugar, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Drain mostaccioli; toss with butter. Spread 1/2 cup meat sauce into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with half of the mostaccioli, meat sauce and cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mostaccioli Beef Casserole in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008, p16
Reviews forMostaccioli Beef Casserole
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2014
"I like this recipe. You expect to taste a spaghetti sauce and it's not at all. It had a nice little kick to it which we enjoyed."