Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked mostaccioli
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 2 cups 1% cottage cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce, divided
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the egg, egg white, cottage cheese, spinach, 2/3 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt and pepper; set aside. Drain pasta; stir in 2 cups spaghetti sauce.
- Layer half of the pasta mixture in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with spinach mixture, remaining pasta mixture and remaining spaghetti sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 286 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 837mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch.
Oct 15, 2016
Very good! I left out the spinach, and added Italian sausage Will definitely make again.
Feb 18, 2012
I tried this recipe last night, and it was so good.We invited friends over, and told them I was trying it for the first time. They said this was definately " a keeper". It can be made early in the day, and refrigerated, and baked before serving. I also cooked Italian sausage, sliced it in 1/2 slices, and layered it between the 2 layers of pasta. So easy, and so delicious! I used penne, because I couldn't find mostaccioli anywhere.
Feb 1, 2012
I also didnt use mostaccioli pasta, i used penne
Feb 1, 2012
This was very easy and very good. I didnt put in the spinach, only because i didnt have any on hand, but i added some browned hamburger meat to the pasta and spaghetti sauce to make it more of a full meal.. Yumm!
Jan 21, 2012
OOPS.... Typo - I meant (2) Teaspoons of the dry Taco seasoning (Not 2 tablespoons). Taste & then add more if necessary....
Jan 21, 2012
I finally made this....very good. I also steamed & used fresh spinach (be sure & squeeze out the water from cooked spinach). I also added a doze of dried oregano & dried Italian seasoning. But I also added 2 tablespoons of dry Taco Seasoning (get the big jar at Costco & use it a lot to add a little kick to many dishes that would otherwise be too bland - works great). I didn't have Mostaccioli pasta - so I just used Rigatoni... think Penne pasta would also work good.
Jan 21, 2012
Yummy - I just love this. My recipe does not call for the egg, egg white, cottage cheese & parsley - but it is still very good. Next time I make it I will have to add the additional ingredients.
Jan 20, 2012
In response to BLACK LADY - I also couldn't find the printed recipe for the Creamy Lemon Blueberry Dessert. However, if you play the video, you will notice that at the bottom of the video (while it is playing), the ingred. & their amounts are given in writing. So, you can copy down the ingred. as they are given. Bit of a pain - bec. you have to keep stopping the video & backing it up... bec. the video moves faster than you can write. But this is a way I found to actually get the exact info re. amounts, etc. Hope this helps!
Jan 19, 2012
In response to BLACK LADY-----the Lemon Chiffon Blueberry Dessert Recipe may be the recipe you are seeking.
Jan 17, 2012
Easy to make, vegetarian and delicious! This got rave reviews in my household!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.