"This pretty salad combines garden-fresh ingredients to create a colorful side dish," says Maria Regakis from her home in Somerville, Massachusetts. It would be a great addition to a barbecue or picnic. TIP: "I like to chill it a few hours to blend the flavors," she notes.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Arrange the cucumber, squash and tomatoes on a large serving platter. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad. Serve immediately.