Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Food coloring
- 9 whole graham crackers, halved
- 18 milk chocolate M&M's
- Black shoestring licorice, cut into 36 pieces (3 inches each)
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, combine the water, oil, vinegar and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until combined.
- Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add confectioners' sugar alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Add food coloring if desired.
- Level off the top of cupcakes; frost sides and bottom. Place upside down on a serving platter or covered board. Frost graham crackers; place one on each cupcake. Place an M&M's candy in the center of each cracker with two licorice pieces for a tassel.
Jun 5, 2010
They were a nightmare too put the icing sugar on..They looked a mess...I had bought the chocolate cover graham....so I used them ..put a dab on the bottom of the graham so they would stick to the cupcake...And then used a dab on the top ..too hold licore and the candy...they did turn out cute! but don't bother too make all that icing sugar....
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.