Moroccan Vegetable Chicken Tagine Recipe
- 1 medium butternut squash (about 3 pounds), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium red potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 chicken leg quarters, skin removed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Hot cooked couscous, optional
- 1. In a 6-qt. slow cooker, combine the squash, potatoes, onion and garlic. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; place over vegetables. Top with apricots and cranberries.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine flour and broth until smooth. Stir in the chili sauce, ginger, curry, cinnamon and cumin. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until chicken and vegetables are tender.
- 3. Stir in garbanzo beans; cover and cook for 30 minutes or until heated through. Serve with couscous if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 chicken leg quarter with 2-1/2 cups vegetable mixture (calculated without couscous): 473 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 733mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 12g fiber), 34g protein.
Reviews for Moroccan Vegetable Chicken Tagine
"Could not save recipe in 'My Recipe Box'; just to a generic 'Saved Recipe" page where it gets lost among many other saved recipes."