If you're trying to add more fish to your diet, here's a deliciously simple recipe for baked salmon. Here, salmon is topped with sauteed onion, tomatoes, golden raisins and spices transforming an ordinary weeknight meal into a culinary adventure.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 cups sliced onions, separated into rings
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups sliced plum tomatoes
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- Hot cooked couscous, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onions in oil for 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the tomatoes, raisins and seasonings; cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Place salmon in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with onion mixture.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with couscous if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 311 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 374mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.