If you're trying to add more fish to your diet, here's a deliciously simple recipe for baked salmon. Here, salmon is topped with sauteed onion, tomatoes, golden raisins and spices transforming an ordinary weeknight meal into a culinary adventure.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 cups sliced onions, separated into rings
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups sliced plum tomatoes
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- Hot cooked couscous, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onions in oil for 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the tomatoes, raisins and seasonings; cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Place salmon in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with onion mixture.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with couscous if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 311 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 374mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Moroccan Salmon in Country Woman January/February 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.