Moroccan Beef Kabobs Recipe
My grandmother's homemade marinade adds tang and tenderness to these beefy kabobs. Her blend of herbs and spices punches up the flavor without adding lots of calories. —Jennifer Shaw, Dorchester, Massachusetts
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon roasted red chili paste
- Dash salt and pepper
- 2 pounds boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the parsley, cilantro, onion, lemon juice, oil, cumin, coriander, paprika, vinegar, ketchup, garlic, ginger, chili paste, salt and pepper; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Drain and discard marinade. Thread beef cubes onto eight metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- 3. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 8-12 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness, turning occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
1 kabob: 185 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 91mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Moroccan Beef Kabobs
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC