My grandmother's homemade marinade adds tang and tenderness to these beefy kabobs. Her blend of herbs and spices punches up the flavor without adding lots of calories. —Jennifer Shaw, Dorchester, Massachusetts
Recommended: 32 Favorite Mediterranean Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon roasted red chili paste
- Dash salt and pepper
- 2 pounds boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the parsley, cilantro, onion, lemon juice, oil, cumin, coriander, paprika, vinegar, ketchup, garlic, ginger, chili paste, salt and pepper; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Drain and discard marinade. Thread beef cubes onto eight metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 8-12 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness, turning occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Moroccan Beef Kabobs in Country Woman February/March 2009, p19