- 1 pound fresh morel or other mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 quart milk
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Sprinkle mushrooms with lemon juice. In a saucepan, saute the mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Sprinkle with flour; stir well. Gradually add milk, bouillon, thyme, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; simmer for 10-15 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forMorel Mushroom Soup
"Thanks for this fantastic recipe, it tastes great and is so easy to make.. Didn't know what to do with the morels, you helped out alot."