Moo Shu Mushroom Wraps
With so many awesome veggies out there, I'm always playing around with the ingredients in these sandwiches. Sometimes I add extra protein, too—chicken, shrimp, pork, beef and tofu all work. Check for sriracha and hoisin sauces in the Asian or international foods section of your grocery store. —Athena Russell, Greenville, South Carolina
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 teaspoons sesame or canola oil, divided
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 package (12 ounces) broccoli coleslaw mix
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha chili sauce
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 10 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 6 green onions, sliced
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat. Pour in eggs; cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Remove from pan.
- In same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender. Add coleslaw mix, garlic and ginger; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until slaw is crisp-tender. In a small bowl, mix vinegar, soy sauce and chili sauce; add to pan. Stir in sprouts and eggs; heat through.
- Spread about 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce over each tortilla to within 1/4 in. of edges. Layer with 1/2 cup vegetable mixture and about 1 tablespoon green onion. Roll up tightly.
Nutrition Facts2 filled wraps: 381 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 170mg cholesterol, 1234mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 4g fiber), 16g protein.
Originally published as Spicy Moo Shu Mushroom Vegetable Mix in Simple & Delicious June/July 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.