VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 ounces thinly sliced deli smoked turkey, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 6 eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the turkey, onion, green pepper and garlic in 2 tablespoons butter until vegetables are tender. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, melt remaining butter.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and water. Pour into skillet; cook over medium heat. As eggs set, lift the edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When eggs are nearly set, spoon turkey mixture over half of the omelet. Fold omelet over filling. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let stand for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2-3 servings.
Originally published as Monterey Turkey Omelet in Quick Cooking January/February 2005, p53