Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 4 ounces spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, divided
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat egg. Add sour cream, Parmesan cheese and garlic powder. Drain spaghetti; add to egg mixture with Monterey Jack cheese, spinach and half of the onions. Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated though. Top with remaining onions; return to the oven for 5 minutes or until onions are golden brown.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 311 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 333mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Nov 10, 2019
This is a very good pasta side dish! Also, a recipe you can make additions to for a main dish. Joyce Moynihan, Volunteer Field Editor.
Aug 12, 2019
Hi. This sounds great to me. To Phyllis, if you read what Janet wrote, she uses it as a side dish not a main. So 4 oz of spaghetti should be just about right. I haven't tried this yet but I bookmarked this recipe for another day. I will most likely add chicken and use this as a main instead.
Jun 26, 2019
Great recipe! Good for a quick dinner, or to take to potlucks.
Jun 2, 2019
I think this recipe is wrong - it calls for 4 oz of spaghetti, yet serves 8! This makes NO SENSE to me!
Apr 2, 2019
Boring food as the recipe goes. Adding ham or sausage is a good idea Mike
Jan 30, 2019
This was good comfort food. Quick, easy and tasty. Next time I will add chopped ham or smoked sausage. A keeper!
Jun 11, 2018
I'VE BEEN MAKING THIS FOR YEARS NOW AND CAN HONESTLY SAY IT'S MY FAVORITE PASTA RECIPE! EVEN MY YOUNG GRANDCHILDREN LOVE IT AND IT IS SO EASY TO GET THEM TO EAT SPINACH, AS WELL AS OTHER VEGETABLES I SOMETIMES HIDE IN THE CASSEROLE. I ALSO USE PEPPER JACK FOR HALF OF THE CHEESE WHEN I HAVE IT.
Jun 9, 2018
Very easy, and very delicious
Jun 9, 2018
I have made this for years. It is one of our favorites.
Feb 11, 2018
I needed to use up a bag of fresh baby spinach and decided to try this recipe. It was very good. I just coarsely chopped the spinach and added it in. I also used about 6 ounces of macaroni that was left in the box. This really turned out well.