- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3/4 cup ranch salad dressing with bacon
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a bowl, combine the cheese and salad dressing; set aside. Cut bread in half lengthwise; brush with butter. Place on baking sheets. Broil 4 in. from the heat until golden brown. Spread with cheese mixture. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with parsley. Cut into 1-1/2-in. slices. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forMonterey Ranch Bread
"Absolutely delicious! My kids request this a lot. The only thing I change is I add diced cooked bacon (not bacon bits) prior to baking. It's so yummy!"
"We did not like the flavor. Disappointed because it looked good."
"Deliscious served with soup. There is enough spread to cover 2 side of 2 large loaves. Next time I'm trying diced green onion and maybe diced ham on very thin slices as hour devoure's. Thank you for this recipe, very good!!"
"Check out my review of this recipe on my bloghttp://steaknpotatoeskindagurl.blogspot.com/2011/06/monterey-ranch-bread.html"
"This is a great spin on an old classic cheese bread. this was the right combination of flavours and of all the items left on the menu there wasn't enough of this to wrap up for left overs! great recipe, thanks for sharing!"
"My family raved over this bread...so delicious!"