Monterey Jack Meatballs
Total TimePrep: 2o min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 block (4 ounces) Monterey Jack cheese, cut into 20 cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Divide into 20 portions and shape each portion around a cheese cube.
- In a large skillet, brown meatballs in oil; drain. Add spaghetti sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts4 each: 436 calories, 28g fat (11g saturated fat), 126mg cholesterol, 954mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein.
May 22, 2019
We thought this recipe was great! I used shredded Colby Jack cheese instead of cubed Monterey Jack, doubled the amount of spaghetti sauce, and served the meatballs over tomato-basil noodles...yum!
Jun 9, 2014
Recipe saved to RB! For a **person with Type I Diabetes**, these seem to be friendly with 15grams carbs. per serving. THANK YOU for sharing. J.
Sep 30, 2013
Okay. Nothing special.
Apr 5, 2009
My husband and I really liked these meatballs. I didn't have a block of monterey jack cheese so I substituted cheddar.