Monterey Jack Corn Bake
Whether it's served as a savory side dish at brunch or offered alongside ham at dinnertime, one helping is never enough. My family loves this egg bake.—Donna Nortman, Camillus, New York
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine eggs and sour cream. Add the corn, Monterey Jack cheese, bread crumbs and pepper; mix well.
- Pour into a greased shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 373 calories, 27g fat (16g saturated fat), 159mg cholesterol, 361mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein.
Originally published as Baked Corn with Sour Cream and Jack Cheese in Light & Tasty April/May 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.