Monterey Green Beans
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute onions in butter until tender. Add the beans, mushrooms, lemon-pepper and salt. Cover and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until beans are tender. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand for 1 minute or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 106 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 364mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Aug 2, 2014
My husband will sure be surprised; making for Sunday Dinner. He loves anything and everything with cheese. Have feeling he'll devour these!
Jul 5, 2013
This was a very good side dish and an excellent change to green beans. I do not care a lot for mushrooms but my family does and devoured these, thus the 4 stars instead of 5. I could eat them & enjoyed the change. May try them next time without the mushrooms. I did not have Monterey Jack cheese on hand so I used Swiss instead. It worked very well.
Feb 22, 2009
I made this recipe with items I had on hand, using frozen french-style green beans, fresh mushrooms, sliced regular onion, and cheddar cheese. It was very good and I will definitely make it again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.