Monterey Green Beans
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute onions in butter until tender. Add the beans, mushrooms, lemon-pepper and salt. Cover and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until beans are tender. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand for 1 minute or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 106 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 364mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 2, 2014
My husband will sure be surprised; making for Sunday Dinner. He loves anything and everything with cheese. Have feeling he'll devour these!
Jul 5, 2013
This was a very good side dish and an excellent change to green beans. I do not care a lot for mushrooms but my family does and devoured these, thus the 4 stars instead of 5. I could eat them & enjoyed the change. May try them next time without the mushrooms. I did not have Monterey Jack cheese on hand so I used Swiss instead. It worked very well.
Feb 22, 2009
I made this recipe with items I had on hand, using frozen french-style green beans, fresh mushrooms, sliced regular onion, and cheddar cheese. It was very good and I will definitely make it again.