- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons barbecue sauce
- 2 cooked bacon strips
- 1/4 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken for 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Transfer to a baking sheet.
- Top each with barbecue sauce, bacon and cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with tomato and chives. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forMonterey Chicken
"We had this delicious chicken tonight and cleaned our plates. The only change was that I added salsa to the chicken instead of tomatoes. I didn't have chives so added sliced green onions. Yummy! We loved this recipe and will be having it again. I highly recommend this recipe.Volunteer Field Editor"
"Very quick to put together. I double the recipe and make a couple without the BBQ sauce and everybody gets what they want. Great blend of flavors."
"My family really likes this. It is regular in our house."
"Delicious, I've made this many times. I prefer to chop the bacon smaller when I put it on, and use fresh green onion so I can taste the onion more though."
"We all enjoyed this chicken and gave it high marks. It will definitely be a repeat dish for our family."