- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger or 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Grill chicken, uncovered, over indirect medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forMontego Bay Chicken
"Not Crazy about the flavors."
"My husband and I really liked this. I marinated my chicken for about 5 hours. I couldn't find my hot sauce so that ingredient was left out and I substituted brandy extract for the rum because that's what I had. I was juicy and flavorful. I will definitely make again!"
"I 'cheated' and used thighs and legs ... took the skin off and it was EXCELLENT; however would be easier to eat with BNLS chicken"
"Heather 91286 If you read carefully, you will see brown sugar is the ingredient listed after the juice and that is the sugar they are referring to in the directions."
"The recipe directions state there is sugar in this recipe but it's not included in the ingredients."