Filled with family-friendly flavors, a pleasant peppery kick and a creamy from-scratch sauce, this hearty dish is just the kind of stick-to-your-ribs comfort food you’re looking for. —Emma Hathway Price, Tampa, Florida
- 1 package (12 ounces) fettuccine
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Paprika, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add milk and wine. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in turkey, salt, pepper and pepper sauce.
- Drain fettuccine. Layer half of the fettuccine, turkey mixture and cheese in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
- Cover and bake 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mom's Turkey Tetrazzini in Simple & Delicious June/July 2012, p62
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Mom's Turkey Tetrazzini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review