- 3 cups cold mashed sweet potatoes (prepared without milk or butter)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a large bowl, beat the sweet potatoes, sugar, eggs, milk, butter, salt and vanilla until smooth. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, pecans and flour; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over potato mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45-50 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forMom's Sweet Potato Bake
"I've used this recipe off and on for years. Folks seem to love it. It's easy and I use canned sweet potatoes making it even easier."
"Have tried many sweet potato recipes and this one is not too sweet, just right. My family liked it Alot"
"Tried this instead of my usual sweet potatoes this Thanksgiving . The group really liked them . I think the vanilla really another layer of flavor that every one liked .I will be making this recipe many times in the future ."
"I wanted to try a more simple recipe for Thanksgiving, without the marshmallows. I agree this is a great recipe and a keeper. Everyone loved it"
"Wow...this was excellent! This recipe is a keeper! Thank you Sandi for sharing this with us :) Some of my family members do not care for sweet potatoes and they tried these and loved them!"
"Very good! I only used 3/4 c. of sugar though, as that seemed sweet enough."
"I'v been making this a few years now & it is now officially been added as a family tradition. The first year, my cousin was helping putting away leftovers & hid it in the back so no one else would take any home & there would be more for her! It really is that good too!"
"I've been making these for years! Family members request these every holiday. It's a "must have" at our table for sure! I clipped from Taste of Home many years ago! Everyone will be very happy you made them!"
"This dish is a Thanksgiving tradition for my family. My children and husband absolutely love it! They look forward to the holiday season every year when mom will make the sweet potato dish! I make about 3 of them, one to take to in-laws, my parents, and one to have at home."