- 3 cups cold mashed sweet potatoes (prepared without milk or butter)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cold butter or margarine
- In a mixing bowl, beat sweet potatoes, sugar, milk, butter, eggs, salt and vanilla until smooth. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, pecans and flour; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over potato mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forMom's Sweet Potato Bake
"The best sweet tater recipe ever!!!"
"This is a fantastic side dish! I love the pecan topping - it's luscious! I have sometimes varied the dish by adding 1/2 - 1 cup of well-drained pineapple to the sweet potato mixture. The pineapple is a nice addition and goes well with the sweet potato flavor. This is a perfect recipe for the Thanksgiving table (or any time, really!)."
"I've used this recipe off and on for years. Folks seem to love it. It's easy and I use canned sweet potatoes making it even easier."
"Have tried many sweet potato recipes and this one is not too sweet, just right. My family liked it Alot"
"Tried this instead of my usual sweet potatoes this Thanksgiving . The group really liked them . I think the vanilla really another layer of flavor that every one liked .I will be making this recipe many times in the future ."
"I wanted to try a more simple recipe for Thanksgiving, without the marshmallows. I agree this is a great recipe and a keeper. Everyone loved it"
"Wow...this was excellent! This recipe is a keeper! Thank you Sandi for sharing this with us :) Some of my family members do not care for sweet potatoes and they tried these and loved them!"
"Very good! I only used 3/4 c. of sugar though, as that seemed sweet enough."
"I'v been making this a few years now & it is now officially been added as a family tradition. The first year, my cousin was helping putting away leftovers & hid it in the back so no one else would take any home & there would be more for her! It really is that good too!"