Mom’s Potato Salad
This potato salad is the best I've ever tasted. It was a favorite when I was growing up, and now it's requested whenever we throw a family barbecue. —Sally Kramer, Aloha, Oregon
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 15 min. + cooling
- 5 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 3 sweet pickles, finely chopped
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the Miracle Whip, salt, pepper and garlic. Stir in the potatoes, eggs, pickles, pimientos and onions. Sprinkle with paprika. Chill until serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 225 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 219mg cholesterol, 555mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Mom's Potato Salad in Country Woman April/May 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.