- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 6 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
- Brush egg white over pastry shell; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and sugars; cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Sprinkle two-thirds into pastry; top with peaches. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and peaches are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forMom's Peach Pie
"Delicious!! I also added a touch of cinnamon and nutmeg to the topping, simply a personal taste. The purpose of the egg white wash on the bottom crust is to prevent a soggy crust when you use fruit fillings. A lot of people don't understand why that was added, and that's the reason. Very nice, simple and delicious pie recipe. Thank you for sharing."
"For those who are asking how many peaches equals 6 cups, it would be 9 medium whole peaches."
"About how many peaches, or how many pounds of peaches, equals 6 cups???"
"This pie is really good. There were no fresh peaches in the store I was in so I used canned peaches instead. I added a little bit of cinnamon in the flour mix. I think the next time I will use a glass pie plate. I also won't use an unbaked pastry shell. Maybe crushed graham crackers on the bottom of the glass pie plate."