Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces mostaccioli, cooked and drained
- 8 ounces sliced process cheese (Velveeta)
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, water, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes; discard bay leaf. In a greased 11x7-in. baking dish, layer half of the mostaccioli, meat sauce and cheese; repeat layers. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 371 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 783mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 5g fiber), 21g protein.
Aug 5, 2014
Great taste. Only substitution was that I used tomato sauce with basil and garlic rather than plain.
Nov 20, 2013
This would probably be great if it wasn't ruined by the Velveeta cheese. Velveeta isn't even REAL cheese. It needs Ricotta and Mozzarella mixed in. That's the only way to make it! Processed Velveeta cheese is just downright NASTY. Sorry, JMO