- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2/3 cup finely crushed saltines
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into an 8x4-in. loaf in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients, stirring to dissolve sugar; remove 1/2 cup for sauce. Spread remaining mixture over meat loaf.
- Bake 60-65 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forMom's Meat Loaf
"This is hands down the best meatloaf I have ever eaten..My 13 year old grandson loved it, what better compliment than that!! There was enough for dinner and leftover for hot meatloaf sandwiches..the sweet and sour sauce is amazing!!"
"I loved this meatloaf! I would have given this a 5 star however, My family did not like the barbecue sauce."
"Love this recipe! I cook it in the crock pot! I have substituted venison for the ground beef."
"Very good and simple recipe. It's a go to at our house! Husband loves making meatloaf sandwiches the next day. Been making this for years and everyone always raves about it! We love the sauce!"
"This meat loaf is moist and flavorful. Another keeper!!"
"I have made this hundreds of times. Everyone raves about it. I have modified it sometimes. Sometimes I add celery. I often use 1# hamburg and 1/2# lean ground pork. I put chopped green peppers in occasionally and used it to stuff green peppers. I think is the sauce that people really like."
"****20 YEARS OF PROOF****Being a working mom I was looking for a meatloaf my whole family would LOVE...I made 6 different meatloafs one day and had the family try all. Hands down this was there favorite. My kids come home and still want this over almost anything else I make. One of there favorite foods and warm family memories go with this meal. I now make this for my grandkids, and for the stubborn eaters I now put chopped or mashed veggies in. I Cover with part of sauce not real heavy, then put the rest in a bowl warm for those who like more. Try with your family and you will have a new easy family favorite!!!!!"
"This is a great recipe-I no longer use any other. I substitute panko for saltines and since my family doesn't love sage in beef I substitute granulated garlic."
"This is a test comment."