- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions with tops
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley or 4 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a skillet, saute onions in butter until tender. stir in the broth, rice, green pepper, parsley and pepper; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; pour into a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until rice is tender. Top with cheese if desired; bake 3 minutes longer or until melted. Yield: 2-3 servings.
Reviews forMom's Green Rice
"Eight years ago I made this recipe when I was a newly-wed. We've moved so many times that I lost the Taste of Home magazine that I got it out of. I just found the website, did a search, and I am so pleased with the results (FOUND IT!)I don't care for rice and it's difficult to get your greens into a meal, but this is really tasty. I would recommend it to everyone, but you know what your tastes are : )"