When she was in her 80s, my mom would reminisce about olive burgers at Coney Island. I used her instructions to make one and ended up pleasing both of us. —Lorraine Hickman, Lansing, Michigan
Recommended: 30-Minute Meals Your Family Will Love
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup sliced green olives with pimientos, drained
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese, optional
- Bibb lettuce leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine beef, soy sauce, Worcestershire, garlic powder and onion powder, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties, indenting the center slightly.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet; cook burgers over medium heat until a thermometer reads 160°, 4-6 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine olives, Miracle Whip and mustard. Serve burgers on buns with olive mixture. If desired, top with feta cheese and lettuce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mom's Favorite Olive Burgers in Taste of Home April/May 2018