- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos, drained
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 12 slices white bread
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 slices tomato
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise, chili sauce, salt and pepper. Stir in the eggs, green pepper, celery, onion, pimientos and parsley.
- On six slices of bread, layer lettuce, tomato and 1/2 cup egg salad. Top with remaining bread. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forMom's Egg Salad Sandwiches
"Great recipie. I had never thought to add cream cheese. I never add green peppers as they always overpower everything else.I use red or yellow instead."
"This was sooo good."
"I don't like eggs but I LOVED this recipe. Will make many times again."
"We really like it :), but it was lots of work"
"The green pepper was just too overpowering for me."
"very good recipe. it is very crunchy and different from other egg salad sandwiches."
"this recipe brought out the yum in me. going to try it this weekend."
"Moms Egg salad Sandwichessounds very good .I will try it one of these days.Eva"
"minie4, no manners? If it doesn't sound good to you don't make it. WE might like it."