Mom’s Dinner Rolls
My mother was always experimenting with recipes. She had a knack for combining the right ingredients. This is one of my most treasured recipes she shared with me.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried marjoram, parsley flakes and tarragon
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- In a small skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in herbs; cool. In a food processor, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the sugar, salt and onion mixture. Add flour; cover and process until dough forms a smooth ball.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a floured surface; divide into 24 pieces. Shape each into a ball. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Brush with egg. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 61 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 121mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.