Mom's Corn Bread Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/4 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup shortening, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Whisk together the eggs, milk and shortening. Stir into dry ingredients just until blended.
- 2. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: about 9 servings.
1 piece: 219 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 394mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Mom's Corn Bread
"This was really dry and had absolutely no flavor whatsoever. There are better recipes out there."