- 6 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Combine the apples, sugar, flour and cinnamon in a large bowl. Transfer to an 11x7-in. baking dish; dot with butter.
- For topping, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and nutmeg in another large bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in egg just until moistened; sprinkle over filling.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until topping is golden brown and apples are tender. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews forMom's Cinnamon-Apple Crisp
"What is the nutrition data on Mom's Cinnamon-Apple Crisp; I need the sodium amount?"
"This recipe or a version of it, has been in our family for years. Only kind I like. An easier step to cutting the butter in is to just melt it and pour over the top of the flour mix after it is spread over the apples, making sure to get the edges. Don't even have to pre-stir the egg, just drop in flour mixture and stir. Yum! Have never seen this recipe posted anywhere before. Nice to see it out there."
"Awesome, My boyfriend loved it!! Super easy to make and oh so yummy. Made it exact to the directions stated."
"This is a very nice go to quick recipe. I did use more apples and I precooked them for a few minutes before completing the recipe. I cut back on the butter and I made just 1/2 of the recipe. Perfect for 2 *Janie"
"Everyone who tried this crisp loved it! It disappeared very quickly! Delicious and easy to make."
"I made this tonight. It was amazing! My son helped make it and he actually ate it and loved it!! He's 4 and is a very picky eater!"
"Added additional cinnamon to apples as well as topping. Vanilla bean ice cream and Carmel topping when serving...yum!"
"Délicieux. Tout le monde a adoré."
"This was easy to make and soooo delicious!"