Mom’s Broccoli Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 to 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 cup crushed cheese-flavored snack crackers
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Prepare broccoli according to package directions; drain. In a bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise, cheese, eggs and onion. Stir in broccoli. Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine the cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 468 calories, 42g fat (11g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 788mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 28, 2013
To cut back on calories and fat, sub full fat mayo with light. Also, to cut sodium and fat, make your own white sauce w/ skim or 1% milk and use 2% Cheddar cheese instead of full fat. Cut cracker amount in half or omit. 42 grams of fat is outrageous, even if you are eating ONLY this for an entire meal.