Pumpkin swirls not only turn this fall cheesecake into a showstopper, but they also seem to make it more delicious! —Jami Geittmann, Greendale, Wisconsin
Recommended: 37 Dessert Recipes for People Who Love Cheesecake
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- Whipped cream, additional ground cinnamon and caramel syrup, optional
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- Combine crumbs and 1/4 cup sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides of prepared pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake until set, 10-15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, beat 1 package of cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and cornstarch until smooth, about 2 minutes. Beat in remaining cream cheese, one package at a time, until smooth. Beat in remaining sugar and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Place 2 cups filling in a small bowl; stir in pumpkin, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Pour half of plain filling over crust; dollop with half of pumpkin filling. Cut through with a knife to swirl. Repeat layers and swirling.
- Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake 55-65 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled. Remove rim from pan. If desired, top with whipped cream and cinnamon or caramel sauce. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Mom's Best Pumpkin Cheesecake in Pumpkin Cookbook 2017