- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- Additional ketchup
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Press into an ungreased 8x4-in. loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Drizzle top of loaf with ketchup; bake 15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forMom's Best Meat Loaf
"This meatloaf is tops!! Great recipe!"
"Will definitely make it again"
"wow, only had horseradish mayo so used some of that instead, this got rave reviews!"
"So savory! Next time I'll omit the allspice and sugar, but overall a great recipe."
"Really good recipe! A nice change from the normal meatloaf! Should have doubled the recipe for leftovers :)"
"This is the best meatloaf I've ever had. I've been making this for a few years now, family loves it. Instead of using ketchup on top, I use a small can of tomato sauce, 1 TBL of brown sugar, and 1/12 tsps of lemon juice."
"Our favorite meatloaf..I am not a meat loaf lover and have tried so many different recipes to find one I like too. This did it for me.I topped mine with hot bbq sauce with a touch of mustard in it though instead of ketchup."
"I've used this recipe for a few years myself and I always get rave reviews from friends and family whenever I make it. Best meatloaf recipe in my mind."
"This is a good and unique tasting meatloaf, but I am going to keep searching."
"Very good. We all love it."