Mom’s Best Coleslaw
My Mom created this recipe when I was a child, and I tweaked it a bit to my liking. It's the only coleslaw I will eat.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 tablespoons shredded carrot
- 1 tablespoon chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon reduced-fat sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, carrots and peppers. In a small bowl, whisk the sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, celery seed and salt. Pour over cabbage mixture; toss to coat. Chill until serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 65 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 357mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Mom's Cole Slaw in Reminisce Extra March 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.