Molten Chocolate Cherry Cakes
Cinnamon-spiced cherries make these gooey chocolate cakes even more irresistible. Refrigerate the extra sauce and drizzle it over ice cream later in the week.—Ki Russell, Greeley, Colorado
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen pitted dark sweet cherries, thawed, undrained
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup cherry brandy
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 6 large egg yolks, room temperature
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut cherries in half; place cherries and their juices in a large saucepan. Add 1/2 cup sugar, cherry brandy and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Using a slotted spoon, remove 1/4 cup cherries; chop and set aside.
- In a double boiler or metal bowl over hot water, melt butter and chocolates; stir until smooth. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, egg yolks and remaining sugar until thick and lemon-colored. Beat in cocoa and flour until well blended. Gradually beat in chocolate mixture. Fold in chopped cherries.
- Transfer to 6 greased 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Place ramekins on a baking sheet. Bake until a thermometer inserted in the center reads 160° and sides of cakes are set, 15-17 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand 1 minute. Run a knife around edges of ramekins; invert onto dessert plates. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve immediately with warm cherry sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 616 calories, 41g fat (22g saturated fat), 371mg cholesterol, 205mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (49g sugars, 5g fiber), 10g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.