Molten Chocolate Cakes
If you know a chocolate lover, here's a delectable way to make his or her dreams come true. Set one of these yummy oh-so-chocolaty cakes in front of them. The whole family loves the rich syrupy center inside these cakes.—Deanna Kymer, Broomfield, Colorado
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 5 large eggs
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Add the eggs, egg yolks and confectioners' sugar; mix well. Stir in flour until blended. Pour into eight greased 6-oz. custard cups.
- Place custard cups on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 15-16 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the center reads 160°. Remove from the oven and let stand for 1 minute. Run a knife around edges of cups; invert onto dessert plates. Serve immediately.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 578 calories, 38g fat (21g saturated fat), 300mg cholesterol, 275mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Molten Chocolate Cakes in Light & Tasty December/January 2005
Aug 5, 2014
Jan 22, 2013
This recipe is sure to please anyone whose craving chocolate, sponge like moist cake with a hot gooey center! Simply Delicious & quick and easy to make! Thank you.