If you know a chocolate lover, here's a delectable way to make his or her dreams come true. Set one of these yummy oh-so-chocolaty cakes in front of them. The whole family loves the rich syrupy center inside these cakes.—Deanna Kymer, Broomfield, Colorado
Recommended: Top 10 Peppermint Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 squares (1 ounce each) semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 5 eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Place chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, at 50% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at 50% power 1 minute longer; stir until smooth. add the eggs, egg yolks and sugar; mix well. All flour; stir until blended. Pour into eight greased 6-oz. custard cups.
- Place custard cups on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 15-16 minutes or until a thermometer inserted near the center reads 160° Remove from the oven and let stand for 1 minute. Run a knife around edge of custard cups; invert into individual dessert plates. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Molten Chocolate Cakes in Light & Tasty December/January 2005, p8
Reviews forMolten Chocolate Cakes
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review