- 1 package (6 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Leaf lettuce and fresh strawberries, optional
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Add strawberries and pineapple. Strain, reserving liquid and fruit. Set aside 1 cup of the liquid at room temperature.
- Pour fruit and remaining liquid into a 5-cup ring mold or 9-in. square pan that has been coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate until set, about 1 hour.
- Whisk sour cream and reserved liquid; pour over top of gelatin. Cover and refrigerate until set.
- Cut into squares and place on individual plates; or unmold onto a serving platter. Garnish with lettuce and strawberries if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forMolded Strawberry Salad
"I really liked this. My husband does not like jello salads and liked this one. So it was a win."
"This jello salad is very good. It's festive for the holidays. I also added 2 bananas, sliced thin in with the pineapple and strawberries.."