Molded Shrimp Spread Recipe
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound cooked shrimp, peeled, deveined and coarsely chopped
- Lettuce leaves and additional shrimp, optional
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a saucepan, heat soup and cream cheese over medium heat until cheese is melted, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat; set aside to cool.
- 2. In a small microwave-safe bowl, sprinkle gelatin over water; let stand for 1 minute. Microwave on high for 40 seconds; stir. Let stand for 2 minutes or until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir the gelatin mixture, celery, mayonnaise, lemon juice and onions into soup mixture. Fold in shrimp.
- 3. Pour into a 5-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or until set.
- 4. Invert onto a serving plate. Fill center with lettuce and shrimp if desired. Serve with crackers. Yield: 4-1/4 cups.
2 tablespoons: 87 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 132mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Molded Shrimp Spread
"tried it and it is so wonderful. please bring copies of the recipe because you will be inundated with requests. Go ahead, be popular! It tastes so expensive."
"this has become a Christmas favorite"
"A friend made this for a party. Everyone was gathered around the bowl. YUM!"
"I've made this with shrimp or imitation crab meat. Either way it gets rave reviews and many requests for the recipe!"
"Very good recipe I got lots of complements from this recipe."