To create this pretty salad mold, Jill combines the extra spiced cranberry sauce with fresh fruit, and some celery and nuts for crunch. "This dish is great with leftover turkey sandwiches," she remarks.
Recommended: 41 Ways to Love Jell-O (Because We Know You Do)
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 2-1/2 cups chilled cranberry juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups Sugar 'n' Spice Cranberries
- 1 small apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup halved red seedless grapes
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery, optional
- In a large saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over the cranberry juice; let stand for 1 minute. Cook over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir in sugar until dissolved. Add the cranberries, apple, orange, grapes, walnuts and celery if desired.
- Pour into an 8-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until set. Unmold onto a serving plate. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Molded Cranberry Salad in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p15