Molded Cranberry Fruit Salad
Instead of putting a bowl of plain cranberry sauce on the holiday table, I like to whip up this festive fruity salad. It adds pretty color to the meal.—Virginia Rexroat, Jenks, Oklahoma
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (.6 ounce each) sugar-free cherry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 large apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 large orange, peeled, chopped and seeded
- 1 piece of orange peel (1 inch)
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed unsweetened pineapple, undrained
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Stir in all remaining ingredients. Process in small batches in a blender until coarsely chopped. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish or a 3-qt. serving bowl. Chill until set, about 2-3 hours.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 47 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 46mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit.
Originally published as Molded Cranberry Fruit Salad in Taste of Home December/January 1997
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.