- 1 cup sliced fresh asparagus
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of asparagus soup, undiluted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons diced pimientos
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Celery leaves
- Chopped pimientos
- Lemon slice
- Cook asparagus in a small amount of water. Drain and set aside to cool. In a small saucepan, combine the soup and cream cheese over medium heat. Cook and stir until cheese is melted and mixture is blended.
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; add the extract. Cool. Add the asparagus, celery, green pepper, onion, diced pimientos, pecans, mayonnaise and soup mixture. Pour into 5- to 6-cup mold coated with nonstick cooking spray. Chill until firm, about 5 hours.
- Unmold; garnish with celery leaves, chopped pimientos and lemon slice. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forMolded Asparagus Salad
"A very dear lady provided a molded asparagus salad for a my wedding attendants' luncheon in 1975. I remember everyone loving it and the lady graciously gave me the recipe for my bride's recipe box. For some reason, though, I never made it myself until I ran across the above recipe in Country Woman magazine. I checked to see if the two recipes were similar and learned they were almost identical. The next time I was asked to take a dish to a shower, I made this. It was a great success and I enjoyed the nostalgia."