Molasses Spice Cookies Recipe
Many readers wrote in asking how to make the molasses cookies pictured with Marie Fletcher's sorghum memories in the Sept/Oct issue. Here is her recipe:
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2-1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and molasses. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon and cloves. Gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until the tops crack. Remove cookies to wire racks to cool. Yield: 5 dozen.
2 each: 113 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 127mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Molasses Spice Cookies
Reviewed Aug. 3, 2012
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC