Molasses Spice Cookies
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2-1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and molasses. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon and cloves. Gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until the tops crack. Remove cookies to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 113 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 127mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Aug 3, 2012
This is a good Molasses Spice Cookie you may feel free baking anytime all year! At Christmas you can convert the dough to create Ginger Boys & Girls. Use any other shape you chose! It is a good cookie to use as the base ingredient when making spice gravy to accompany a spiced beef roast. Yum!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.