Molasses-Peanut Butter Glazed Ribs
Nothing says summer better than these ribs sizzling on the grill. Serve them with fresh corn on the cob, and neighbors will flock to this delightful backyard barbecue fiesta.. —Diane Werner
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Grill: 1 hour 20 min.
- 4 pounds pork baby back ribs, cut into serving-size pieces
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup maple syrup plus 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup light molasses
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- Prepare grill for indirect medium-low heat. Grill ribs, covered, over indirect medium-low heat for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- In a saucepan coated with cooking spray, saute onion and garlic over medium heat until tender.
- In a bowl, combine the cornstarch, syrup, water, soy sauce, molasses, vinegar, ginger and red pepper flakes until blended. Stir into onion mixture. Bring to a boil; cook for 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Add peanut butter; cook for 2 minutes or until peanut butter is melted, stirring constantly. Set aside.
- Add 10 briquettes to coals. Grill 20-30 minutes longer or until meat is tender, basting ribs with sauce several times.
TEST KITCHEN TIP You can make the sauce the day before you need it; store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1/2 pound: 711 calories, 47g fat (16g saturated fat), 163mg cholesterol, 602mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 37g protein.
Originally published as Molasses-Peanut Butter Glazed Ribs in Test Kitchen Favorites Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.