- 4-1/2 pounds pork baby back ribs
- 1 bottle (2 liters) cola
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- BARBECUE SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place the ribs in large resealable plastic bags; add cola. Seal bags and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard cola. Pat ribs dry with paper towels. Combine the seasonings; rub over ribs.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Place ribs over pan; grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 1 hour, or until tender, turning occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine barbecue sauce ingredients. Brush over ribs; grill, covered, over medium heat 10-20 minutes longer or until browned, turning and basting occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forMolasses-Glazed Baby Back Ribs
"These were the best ribs I have ever eaten! I did use pork Spareribs though because that is what I had on hand. We will make these often."
"Can these be cooked in a slow cooker? The recipe sounds great!"
"Excellent on the grill. Looking forward to making them again on Memorial Day."
"not bad, but not spectacular ..still hunting for perfect rib recipe."
"Yes but I would slow cook them in an oven first. The flavour was excellent but they were not fall-off-the bone even though I bought fresh baby back ribs which you usually can't go wrong with. We were disappointed."
"I used a temp of 350 since there was no temp indicated...."
"I omitted the cola marinade & baked in low-heat oven for 3 hours; then basted with sauce for the last hour. Ribs were perfect and tasted great!! Best sauce recipe I've found."
"Hands down, the best ribs we've ever had. We'll be making these again soon. Fantastic!We did bake them in the oven at about 350 for 15 minutes or so before we put them on the grill."
"These were amazing! I'm always experimenting to find the perfect rib recipe and now I've got it."