Molasses Barbecue Sauce
This sauce has a bold molasses flavor with a hint of orange. It goes well with chicken, ribs and chops.—Sandra Pichon, Slidell, Louisiana
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 61 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 166mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Molasses Barbecue Sauce in Taste of Home October/November 2002