Moist Turkey Sausage Stuffing
With tangy apricots and turkey sausage, this stuffing is a terrific mix of sweet and savory. —Priscilla Gilbert, Indian Harbour Beach, Florida
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
Makes16 servings (2/3 cup each)
- 1 package (19-1/2 ounces) Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage or 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3-1/4 cups chicken stock
- 1 package (12 ounces) crushed corn bread stuffing
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
- In a Dutch oven, cook the turkey sausage, celery and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Stir in the apricots, parsley, sage, poultry seasoning and pepper; cook 3 minutes longer.
- Add stock; bring to a boil. Stir in cornbread stuffing; cook and stir until liquid is absorbed. Gently stir in cranberries; heat through.
Editor's Note: This recipe makes enough stuffing to stuff a 14-pound turkey. Bake until a meat thermometer reads 180° for turkey and 165° for stuffing.