- 1 package (19-1/2 ounces) Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage or 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3-1/4 cups chicken stock
- 1 package (12 ounces) crushed cornbread stuffing
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
- In a Dutch oven, cook the turkey sausage, celery and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, breaking sausage into crumbles; drain. Stir in the apricots, parsley, sage, poultry seasoning and pepper; cook 3 minutes longer.
- Add stock; bring to a boil. Stir in cornbread stuffing; cook and stir until liquid is absorbed. Gently stir in cranberries; heat through.
Editor's Note: This recipe makes enough stuffing to stuff a 14-pound turkey. Bake until a meat thermometer reads 180° for turkey and 165° for stuffing.
2/3 cup: 176 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 540mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat.